San Francisco, 30 April 2019 – “Collagen Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Source (Bovine, Porcine), By Product (Gelatin, Native, Hydrolyzed), By Application (Food & Beverages, Healthcare), And Segment Forecasts, [2019 – 2025]”
The global collagen market size is projected to reach USD 6.63 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 6.5% CAGR during the forecast period. The market is expected to be driven by the product’s growing application scope in the food and beverage as well as healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
In addition, the market is expected to benefit from increasing adoption of collagen-based products due to superior characteristics such as gelling, emulsification, and binding of food products in which it is used. Demand for gelatin is expected to register steady growth due to growing use of the product in the production of jellies, chewing gums, and desserts.
Demand for hydrolyzed collagen is expected to rise due to growing adoption in bone grafting, tissue engineering, and dental surgeries. In addition, growing demand for high-quality native collagen in cosmetic formulations as anti-aging and skin rejuvenating ingredients is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Healthcare is estimated to emerge as a major application segment in the collagen market. Demand for premium grade collagen for surgical procedures, wound dressing, and drug delivery mechanisms is also expected to drive the market over the forecast period. The market is also expected to be fueled by the growth of the food and beverages industry, primarily in Asia Pacific. Increasing demand for confectionery products, coupled with rising expenditure on food products by consumers in the region, is expected to drive the global market.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In terms of volume, the collagen market for healthcare is anticipated to reach 622.2 kilotons by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2018 to 2025
- In terms of revenue, the food & beverages segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period. This is backed by improving lifestyle conditions and growing affluence of middle-class population, especially in Asian countries, necessitating their application in dietary supplements and functional food products
- Europe held the largest revenue share in the market in 2018 and is expected to register considerable growth over the forecast period. Increasing consumption of confectionery products in Europe is likely to drive demand for gelatin, thereby boosting the regional market
- In terms of volume, the China market is anticipated to reach 103.7 kilotons by 2025 owing to high demand from industries such as food and beverages and healthcare. In addition, rising disposable income in the region and growing population is projected to favor the regional market
- The collagen market is highly competitive in nature and houses prominent market participants with extensive product portfolios. Prominent market participants include Koninklijke DSM N.V.; Matrix; CONNOILS LLC; Advanced BioMatrix, Inc.; and Rousselot BV.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at
Grand View Research has segmented the global collagen market on the basis of source, product, application, and region:
Collagen Source Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Collagen Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Hydrolyzed collagen
- Native collagen
Collagen Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Food & Beverages
Collagen Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Browse Press Release of this Report:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com