The global healthcare analytics (HA) market is expected to reach USD 42.8 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Efforts to reduce the spiraling healthcare costs is facilitating the usage of the healthcare analytics. Additionally, the benefits of HA include the improvement of patient access to customized care, the furthering of transparent operations to enable better public oversight, and innovation in patient care delivery and services.
Furthermore, analytics play a major part in striving to ameliorate the health economic efficiency. For instance, l’Assurance Maladie in France employed analytics to assess the clinical safety of the class of cholesterol-lowering drugs, statins, which have been implicated in causing severe side-effects, and the derived results were used to introduce evidence-based performance measures to address the cracks in the operational system.
Predictive Analytics market estimates and trends
Browse full research report on Healthcare Analytics Market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Descriptive analytics held a significant share in 2015 owing to its applications in process optimization in organizations. On the other hand, predictive analytics is anticipated to grow at a lucrative rate over the forecast period mainly due to its wide applicability in medical systems, such as fraud prevention, disease prevalence forecasts, and risk assessment.
- The services category dominated the component segment in 2015. Outsourcing of these big data services contributed towards their growth in leading to the high volume of services rendered. Moreover, the outsourcing of services helps in cutting costs associated with infrastructure requirements and in addition, avoids the requirement of skilled individuals to perform the same task.
- The hardware systems category dominated the component segment, high-cost of the hardware, such as the use of computer systems and internet servers contributed to its growth.
- On-premise delivered analytic services dominated the delivery mode category with around 54.0% share in 2015. However, the cloud-based delivery mode segment is anticipated to grow at a profitable rate over the forecast period. The benefits of the cloud system, which include remote data entry and real-time data entry features are expected to result in the growth of this segment.
- The applications of the healthcare big data include financial applications, operational & administrative applications, and clinical applications. Operational and administrative applications governed the applications segment and held a remunerative share in the year, 2015.
- The demand for financial applications is anticipated to boost over the forecast period. These applications include payment and claim settlements and fraud prevention and risk analysis. Various initiatives undertaken by the government, such as the Fraud Prevention System (FPS) from the CMS is promoting its adoption.
- The end-users of HA include payers, providers, and others. Payers held a significant market share in 2015 and the providers are anticipated to grow at a lucrative rate. The usage of these services by providers is for population health management, quality improvement, and personalized care.
- North America captured a significant share in the global market. Advanced healthcare infrastructure in this region and the growing per capita healthcare expenditure supported the greater consumption of these services.
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness gainful growth attributable to the untapped opportunities in the countries including India and China.
- Some key players operating in the healthcare analytics market include IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAS, Cerner Corporation, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., Optum Health, Inc., and Verisk Analytics, Inc. The notable initiatives in the industry include new product launches, collaboration with government bodies, and investments directed towards R&D efforts.
- For instance, in December 2015 Truven Health Analytics, Inc. and Philips Electronics N.V. integrated Truven Health Micromedex Solutions in the management platform, the Tasy System. This integrated platform is anticipated to facilitate fast and easy access to a wealth of evidence-based medical information present in the drug interaction repositories of Micromedex Solutions.
For more information: http://www.grandviewresearch.com