The global flow cytometry market is expected to reach USD 8.0 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing incidence of infectious diseases and cancer is expected to upsurge the demand for flow cytometers for use in disease diagnosis over the coming years. In addition, higher number of physicians is inclined toward the usage of autologous and allogenic stem cell therapy, due to adverse effects caused by chemotherapy & radiation therapy in the treatment of cancer, thereby affecting the growth of this market.
Moreover, rising demand for point-of-care testing in chronic diseases management is expected to fuel the demand for cytometry techniques. Rising implementation of microfluidic miniature flow cytometry in point-of-care diagnostics is the factor augmenting the future growth. Increasing R&D initiatives by various key players for the development of multicolor assays and advanced reagents for analysis are anticipated to boost the usage rate. Advancement in technology for the purpose of enhanced accuracy, portability, and cost-effectiveness is expected to serve this market with lucrative growth opportunities.
Small-size high-throughput cytometers are expected to gain popularity over the coming years due to associated benefits such as ease in use and cost-effectiveness. Furthermore, improvement in fluorescent dyes & introduction of bench top cytometers are the other growth propellers. For instance, multicolor flow cytometry coupled with multiple lasers is the fastest growing application segment, which finds extensive applications in the field of R&D innovations in new drug development and is adopted by many contract research organizations.
U.S. flow cytometry market, by application, 2014-2025 (USD Million)
Browse full research report on Flow Cytometry Market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Bead-based flow cytometry is anticipated to witness lucrative growth rate over the forecast period owing to increasing advancement in molecular engineering & monoclonal antibody production
- Reagents & consumables are expected to be the fastest growing segment as of 2016 due to extensive utilization in molecular diagnostics
- Clinical diagnosis market is driven by factors such as increasing demand for cost-effective disease diagnosis and associated benefits of these assays in disease detection
- The largest market share of commercial organizations can be attributed to the rising large-scale production of proteins, cell line development, and other biologicals coupled with the growing demand for cell sorting and analysis techniques
- Asia Pacific regional market is presumed to witness the fastest growth owing to increasing supportive government initiatives for flourishing biotech industry coupled with growing awareness about the applications of flow cytometers
- Multinational players collaborating with local diagnostic companies and healthcare institutions in developing countries such as India & Brazil, target the disease population and are expected to increase market penetration
For more information: http://www.grandviewresearch.com