The global biopharmaceutical CMO & CRO (contract manufacturing & research) market is expected to reach USD 37.8 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Healthy outlook of biopharmaceuticals and consequent growth in biopharmaceutical pipelines has resulted into lack of adequate capacity and budget constraints. These factors have convinced many traditional drug developers to take advantage of cost-saving benefits associated with contract services. Traditional biopharmaceutical players are observed to choose outsourcing biopharmaceutical manufacturing rather than making an investment of expensive capital in production equipment and hiring skilled labor.
Significant improvement in the services offered by this CMOs/CROs in context to maturity of complex technology is spurring the adoption of these services. In addition, wide acceptance of single-use technology within CMOs/CROs has significantly transformed the CMOs/CROs landscape by enhancing their capabilities and enabling them to develop products at low operating costs.
Outsourcing services are observed to play critical role in overcoming trade barriers for firms. It enables them to make footprints in foreign market where government regulates to secure local employment through domestic production. Furthermore, as a result of growing demand for these services, smaller companies have also begun to expand their non-GMP facilities.
Germany biopharmaceutical market, by contract manufacturing service, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Browse full research report on Biopharmaceutical CMO & CRO Market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Mammalian cell line-based bioproduction system dominated the share in 2016 in terms of revenue generation
- This can be attributed to the presence of substantial number of mammalian-based manufacturing platforms offered by market leaders such as Lonza, Samsung BioLogics, WuXi Biologics
- CMOs are providing wide range of services for entire chain of biopharmaceutical manufacturing process, consequently held the largest share
- Growing R&D investment in bioproduction is the high impact rendering factor for the growth of CROs
- Robust biologics pipeline and high production cost of biologics have contributed to the largest share of biologics outsourcing
- Monoclonal antibodies accounted for significant share in 2016 owing to the huge success rate of MAbs for disease treatment
- North America is home to large number of biopharmaceutical manufacturing entities, which in turn, have resulted into large share of this region
- Being a lower wage country, China and India are expected to be fastest growing regional market
- Several global companies are translocating their business to Asia Pacific owing to low manufacturing costs in Asian countries
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Lonza, Samsung BioLogics, Patheon, FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc. are some of the major companies operating in this space
For more information: http://www.grandviewresearch.com