The global Breath Analyzer Market is expected to reach USD 11.3 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Major drivers of the market include the demand for breath analyzers arising from the law enforcement agencies as well as other institutions, such as schools, sports, and offices, to minimize alcohol abuse and ensure safety in workplace settings.
The fuel cell technology has been widely used in professional breath analyzers as it offers accuracy, alcohol specificity, and portability. Moreover, the semiconductor sensor technology offers affordable breath alcohol screening devices that are mostly used by private consumers. Breath analyzers that use infrared spectroscopy are currently limited to the law enforcement agencies owing to their high cost and large device size.
The growing demand for quick and easy methods for the primary diagnosis of diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and cancer is augmenting the growth of the global market. In addition, the rising adoption of breath analyzers in smoking cessation programs to detect carbon monoxide in the exhaled air is augmenting the market growth.
Uncertainty with regard to the accuracy of the devices, the ambiguous laws about installing these devices in offices, and the high prices attached to infrared spectroscopy are the factors that challenge the growth of the global market. Many of the drug detection devices that identify the presence of drugs in the exhaled breath are still in the developmental phase as the detection technology used will depend on the type of the drug. Hence, this poses some uncertainty for the success of these devices.
China Breath Analyzer Market, By Technology, 2014 – 2024 (USD Million)
Browse full research report on Breath Analyzer Market Analysis:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In 2015, the fuel cell technology segment accounted for the largest share of the market at31.8%. The dominance of the segment is attributed to the popularity of this technology owing to its accuracy and user-friendly product designs.
- The medical application segment is expected to witness the fastest growth from 2016 to 2024 owing to the rapid development of disease diagnostics, such as breath analyzers for asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD)
- North America captured the largest market share at over half of the total revenue in 2015 and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The presence of a large number of major market players, strict laws for road traffic safety, and a high adoption rate of the advanced technologies are the factors driving the market growth in this region.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR of around 32% during the forecast period. The existence of a large untapped market and the growing awareness regarding the commercially available and technically advanced products are some of the major drivers of the market in the region.
- The presence of a large number of local manufacturers in the Asia Pacific region offering low-cost breath analyzers in comparison to other manufacturers based in developed countries is one of the factors expected to propel the exports from this region
- Some key players in the Breath Analyzer Market include Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Intoximeter, Inc., Alcovisor, Quest products, Inc., Lifeloc Technologies, Akers Biosciences, Inc., MPD, Inc., AK GlobalTech Corp., Alcohol Countermeasure Systems Corp., and EnviteC-Wismar GmbH
For more information: http://www.grandviewresearch.com