The global cell isolation/cell separation market is expected to reach a value of USD 16.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for biopharmaceuticals including antibodies, proteins, vaccines, and drugs is the most important factor that drives the market growth during the forecast period. Biopharmaceuticals development involves the application of various life science products such as centrifuges, cell separator systems, flow cytometers, filtration systems, and consumables. Thus, the demand for advanced cell isolation products by biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies is increasing, which is expected to boost the market growth.
Rising funding by biotechnology companies and government for cell-based research is another major factor driving the growth of the cell isolation/cell separation market. For instance, National Institutes of Health invested around USD 1,429 million for stem cells research in 2015. Stem cell therapy is the most promising technique to treat severe medical conditions such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, brain disease, and blood disease. Thus, the biotechnology companies are adopting advanced cell separation products for the research and development of stem cells.
U.S. cell isolation market, by product, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Browse full research report on Cell Isolation Market Analysis:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Consumables product segment was the largest revenue-generating segment of the market in the year 2016.
- Consumables is expected to uphold its dominance during the forecast period owing to repetitive purchase of these products for research and diagnostics application
- The human cells segment was the largest revenue grossing segment of the sector in 2016, and is expected to grow at fastest rate due to growing demand of isolated human cell in therapeutics, research, and biopharmaceuticals production
- In 2016, the centrifugation technique segment accounted for the largest share in the overall market, owing to its wide application for manufacturing of biopharmaceutical drugs, vaccines, proteins, and antibodies
- In 2016, North America dominated the overall market with the largest revenue share due to the existence of major biopharmaceutical companies and research laboratories in this region
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness the highest CAGR over the forecast period, owing to the mounting investments in cell-based research and rapidly booming biotechnology industry in this region
- Some of the key players include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; BD Biosciences; GE Healthcare; Beckman Coulter, Inc.; Merck KGaA; Terumo BCT; STEMCELL Technologies Inc.; and Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
For more information: http://www.grandviewresearch.com