The global mycoplasma testing market is expected to reach a value of USD 1.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. With growing R&D investments in the field of life sciences, the demand for mycoplasma testing products are anticipated to rise in the near future. Huge opportunities in the life sciences segment are spurring the market growth. Hence, a large amount of investment is being made in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries with rising level of healthcare spending across the globe. This is expected to trigger high growth of mycoplasma testing market.
Investment in R&D activities by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies is increasingly being supported by the government. Researches involving drug discovery and development, receive funding from the governmental bodies to a great extent. Moreover, governmental initiatives in the form of awareness campaigns for chronic diseases such as cancer are also encouraging research-based activities. Thus, the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the market growth.
Mycoplasma contamination of cell culture is a growing concern for most of the research scientists for decades. Mycoplasma infection arises majorly from laboratory workers as human mycoplasma contamination occurs at a faster rate. In order to combat further contamination, mycoplasma tests are being conducted, which is expected to increase the demand of the related products.
Browse full research report on Mycoplasma Testing Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mycoplasma-testing-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- In 2016, kits & reagents dominated the market and is also expected to show highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to its wider application in mycoplasma tests
- Amongst the technology segment, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) held the largest share in 2016 owing to the delivery of fast & accurate results associated with this technology
- Cell line testing is anticipated to exhibit highest CAGR over the forecast period due to the increasing risk of cell line contamination
- In 2016, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies accounted for the largest market share due to rising number of research activities in drug discovery and development
- North America dominated the market in 2016 owing to rising healthcare spending levels and government funding for life science-related research
- Some of the key players are Merck KGaA; Sigma-Aldrich Co.; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Lonza Group Ltd.; Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.; PromoCell GmbH; and Bionique Testing Laboratories, Inc.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/biotechnology
Grand View Research has segmented the mycoplasma testing market on the basis of product, technology, application, end-use, and region:
Mycoplasma Testing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Kits & Reagents
- PCR Assays
- Nucleic Acid Detection Kits
- Elimination Kits
- Standards & Controls
Mycoplasma Testing Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Direct Assay
- Indirect Assay
- Microbial Culture Techniques
- Enzymatic Methods
Mycoplasma Testing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Cell Line Testing
- Virus Testing
- End of Production Cells Testing
Mycoplasma Testing End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Academic Research Institutes
- Cell Banks
- Contract Research Organizations
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Mycoplasma Testing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: http://www.grandviewresearch.com