The global surgical sealants and adhesives market is expected to reach a value of USD 4.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Proper closure of injured tissues post operation is a major step to restore tissue’s structure and function. Postoperative leakages occur in 3% to 15% of cases and are considered as a serious complication. They are responsible for one third of postoperative deaths in patients. Surgical sealants and adhesives are designed to improve patient outcomes by reducing the prospect of postsurgical complications, such as leakages, thus resulting in improved patient outcomes through prevention of leakage and decrease in length of stay & mortality rates.
The rapid advancements in sealants and adhesives are major impact rendering drivers, and their usage in modern surgery to reduce anastomotic leakage has risen significantly. Surgical adhesive is expected to replace traditional surgical sealing agents such as sutures, wires, and staples. These are time taking, can result in further tissue trauma and hard to use in some surgical locations. Surgical sealants overcome these issues and create immediate and proper sealing, compared to sutures and staples. The factors contributing to the growth of the market are rising demand for surgical services worldwide and increasing concerns to reduce postoperative wound infections. Surgical procedures are increasing worldwide, with WHO estimations projecting surgeries to account for approximately 235 million per year globally.
Increase in rate of surgeries facilitates extensive R&D activities focused on surgical sealants and adhesives, which is expected to support long-term growth of the market.
Browse full research report on Surgical Sealants & Adhesives Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surgical-sealants-adhesives-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- North America held the largest market share in 2015 owing to the growing demand of high-quality healthcare in the region
- Asia Pacific is expected to register lucrative growth, due to transformation of healthcare delivery systems into advanced value-based healthcare practices to establish a sustainable health system
- Fibrin sealants accounted for the largest market share in the year 2015
- Cyanoacrylates is expected to register fastest growth in the forecast period owing to its fast drying properties, strong mechanical strength and ease of adhesion
- Surgical sealants and adhesive market participants combine a blend of both large public companies and more specialized small companies. These companies focus on only one segment or product. Example of such companies is Cohera Medical, Inc.
- Some of the leading players in the market are Baxter International, Inc.; CryoLife, Inc.; C.R. Bard, Inc.; Medtronic plc; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Cohera Medical, Inc.; Ethicon, Inc.; Mallinckrodt plc; Cardinal Health; and Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the surgical sealants and adhesives market on the basis of type and application:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Natural or Biological Adhesives and Sealants
- Fibrin Sealants
- Collagen Based Adhesives
- Gelatin Based Adhesives
- Synthetic and Semi Synthetic Adhesives and Sealants
- Polymeric Hydrogels
- Urethane Based Adhesives
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Central Nervous System
- General surgery
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014- 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: http://www.grandviewresearch.com