Global tumor ablation market is expected to reach USD 1.5 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Rising prevalence of different forms of cancer and increasing technological advancements in the field of thermal ablation techniques are the most prominent drivers of the market.
Besides the use of thermal ablation, techniques such as laser ablation, irreversible electroporation, High Intensity Focused Ultrasonography (HIFU) are also clinically growing, concurrently propelling the tumor ablation industry.
Occurrence of lung, breast, and liver cancer is on the rise globally. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and other organizations, currently, about 210,828 cases of lung cancer, 2.9 million cases of breast cancer, and over 2.7 million cases of prostate cancer are reported in the U.S. alone.
In terms of technological advancement, companies such as SonaCare Medical are coupling ablation techniques with other technologies to improve accuracy, performance, and level of care. SonaLink, a remote patient monitoring platform, was put to use along with Sonatherm ablation system to enable physicians to enhance patient care experience, thereby promoting market growth.
The industry is also anticipated to witness mergers and joint collaborations as a tool to curb rising competition. For instance, Boston Scientific Corporation acquired C.R. Bard Electrophysiology, which led to a 48.0% hike in profit for the former company.
Browse full research report on Tumor Ablation Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tumor-ablation-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Microwave ablation technology is expected to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period at a CAGR of over 15.0%. Reduction in the procedure time and low cost for treatment are some of the attributes favoring growth.
- In terms of treatment, surgical ablation is predicted to form the largest market by 2022 with about 35.0% share. Liver and lung cancer ablation require surgical procedures, and since these form the largest and fastest growing segments, they concomitantly propel surgical ablation growth.
- Lung cancer forms the most lucrative market and is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period. By 2022, it is expected to contribute about 15.0% of the revenue share owing to its rising prevalence rate across the globe.
- According to market forecast for 2022, North America is expected to dominate the market and Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest growth. Augmenting growth in the cancer prevalence and rising healthcare expenditure in regions such as China, Korea, and India are factors responsible for this rapid growth.
- Major players of the market include HealthTronics, Galil Medical Inc., Angiodynamics, Medtronic Plc. (Covidien), Boston Scientific Corporation, SonaCare Medical, Misonix Inc., EDAP TMS S.A., and Neuwave Medical Inc. To retain market leadership, players such as Medtronic are working towards acquiring other companies and expanding their portfolio. For instance, in January 2016, Medtronic acquired the OsteoCool RF Ablation System from Baylis Medical.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: http://www.grandviewresearch.com