The U.S. diatomite market is expected to reach USD 954.5 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The demand for the mineral is expected to witness substantial growth owing to the increasing use of diatomite as a filter aid in food & beverage processing and as a functional additive in the medical industry.
The product is used in several end-use industries including construction and food & beverage processing owing to its diversified properties such as high porosity and content of silica. The growing awareness among consumers with respect to the enhanced filtration properties associated with the use of the mineral in beer processing application is expected to be a contributing factor for growth.
In 2015, four companies produced diatomite in eleven mines located mostly in the western U.S. Imerys, and EP Minerals, LLC are the two major players in the industry with Imerys accounting for the major share. Imerys is the largest player in the industry with over 50% of the overall share owing to its production in the U.S. In addition, the company is an end-user of diatomite as it manufactures paints and fertilizers where the product is used as a functional additive.
Browse full research report on U.S. Diatomite Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-diatomite-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The demand for diatomite is growing in construction owing to the lightweight of the mineral which aids in the transportation of the concrete. In addition, the contractors’ preference for minerals as an additive in concrete as it increases the durability and stability of the structure is expected to augment market growth.
- The product is utilized as a functional additive in paints and coatings to breakdown its reflective properties. In addition, it is used as filler in plastic bags to ease the separation process. As a result, the growing demand for plastic bags in retail stores and growing paints & coatings industry in the U.S. is expected to drive growth.
- The demand for diatomite in food & beverage processing is expected to witness significant growth owing to the enhanced filtration properties offered by the mineral in providing a clean taste to the beverages is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
- Increasing utilization of diatomite in beer processing coupled with rising number of craft beer breweries is expected the demand for the mineral in the U.S. In addition, the use of the mineral in paints & coatings to break down the reflecting properties is expected to have a positive impact growth.
- Key players in the industry include Imerys, EP Minerals, LLC, Dicalite/Dicaperl Minerals, Inc. and Absorbent Products Limited. EP Minerals is the most active player with respect to the CSR activities and service to the society.
- Imerys is the biggest player in the market accounting over 50% of the overall share. The company has acquired some of the leading players in the market to expand its product portfolio including Celite Corp. and World Minerals Inc.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/water-and-industrial-sludge-treatment
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. diatomite market on the basis of application and end-use:
U.S. Diatomite Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
U.S. Diatomite End-Use Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Food & beverage processing
- Paints & coatings
- Plastic manufacturing
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: http://www.grandviewresearch.com