The global ceramic matrix composites (CMC) market is expected to reach USD 6.0 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. High thermal stability and electrical conductivity have made ceramic matrix composites desirable in various thermal management applications where high efficiency and weight to strength ratio is required. CMCs observe strong demand from aerospace, defense, energy & power, etc. applications.
Lower weight than conventional alloys with high strength and improved stability at a higher temperature has made the CMCs popular choice. They are subjected to constant research efforts that focus on the progressive increase in product life, strength and thermal stability.
The high cost of ceramic fibers has greatly influenced the market growth. Unlike the carbon fiber, which is used in most of the metal and polymer composites and thus is produced in bulk, other ceramic fibers are produced in small quantity which refrains it from the cost benefits of mass production. Ceramic matrix composites production being an energy-intensive process, it adds up to the final product cost, making it useful only in high-end applications such as aerospace, defense, thermal management, etc.
Browse full research report on Ceramic Matrix Composites Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-ceramic-matrix-composites-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Silicon carbide composites emerged as the major product segment and held 35.3% in of total demand in 2015. Earlier development and commercialization along with better oxidation resistance properties have helped the product penetration.
- Ceramic matrix composites demand from the aerospace application is expected to exceed 3.0 million tons by 2024. CMCs have been used for making airplane nose, fins, engine components, body panels, etc. on account of their high thermal resistance and lower weight than traditional alloys.
- North America emerged as the dominant regional market with demand share estimated at 44.6% in 2015. High penetration in the region attributed to the significant growth of aerospace and defense industries with initial technological developments.
- Asia Pacific ceramic matrix composites market is expected to witness an estimated growth of 14.3% from 2016 to 2024 in terms of value and is projected to be the fastest growing region over the forecast period. Increasing focus on the development of self-sustained defense and aerospace industries from China and India along with rising numbers of new power plants in the region is expected to trigger the regional market growth.
- Leading companies operating in the global market include General Electric Company, 3M Company, CoorsTek, Inc., Applied Thin Films, Inc., CeramTec International, COI Ceramics, Inc., Ube Industries, Ltd. and SGL Carbon Company
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-glass-ceramic-and-fiber
Grand View Research has segmented the global ceramic matrix composites (CMC) market on the basis of product, application and region:
Global Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
Global Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Energy & Power
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Central & South America
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/ceramic-matrix-composites-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com